- Transformers at the Imax
- October 7th, 2007
Transport and pricing information (for Wednesday 10th October, 2:30pm showing of Transformers), for anybody interested:
Trains from Lancaster to Manchester:
(1) Departing Lancaster 12:15pm, arriving Manchester 1:20pm (no changes)
(2) Deaprt Lancaster 12:29, arrive at Preston 12:46. Change train, depart Preston at 1:08, arrive Manchester 1:57pm
I would suggest taking the 12:15 from Lancaster, as it means we get to hang out in Manchester a little beforehand (and possibly go buy snacks from a sensibly priced newsagent), rather than having to wait around for ages in Preston train station for the connecting service.
Trains from Manchester to Lancaster (return journey)
(1) Departing Manchester 5:11pm, arriving Lancaster 6:22pm (unlikely as the movie is billed to end at 5pm and the train station is a bit of a walk away)
(2) Departing Manchester 5:50pm, arriving Lancaster 6:53pm
(3) Departing Manchester 5:58pm, arriving Lancaster 7:04pm
A day return to Manchester is about £8 with a railcard, £10-ish without. The cinema itself costs £4 with a student card, £6 for real people.
If you want to come, turn up at the train station at about noon on Wednesday with some money.